As you care for patients as a nurse, it can help to know where you can go to get answers to questions that you might have. You want to make sure that you are providing those in your charge with excellent care, and that you are prepared to deal with whatever comes your way. Sometimes, in order to do this, you need to turn somewhere.
Everyone needs a refresher sometimes, and there are a number of resources readily available. The Internet has been a great help to the medical community, providing a way to connect over long distances, as well as offering references to those in a variety of nursing careers. You can find answers to your questions online, with a few clicks of the mouse. If you are looking for helpful hints, here are 20 Q & A sites for nurses:
If you have general health and medical questions that need answering, there are some great places to turn. You can use these sites to learn more about anatomy, different diseases, and general health information.
- Just Answer: A great resource for those who want help from medical colleagues. Those who answer the questions are vetted doctors and nurses. So, if you have a question as a nurse, you can ask and get answers from trusted colleagues and from doctors.
- Medical Health Questions Answered for Free: This site features a number of medical and health questions, along with their answers. Plenty of interesting facts about health and medicine. You can learn a lot from what is contained on this site, and browse by topic.
- Questions on Health: You can ask questions, and also browse different topics. Find answers to general questions about different conditions and diseases, as well as general health questions. Great resource.
- Family Doctor: If you have questions about different aspects of health and medicine, this is a great resource. The Web site is designed so that you can quickly find different topics. Practical information you can use.
- Medscape: Get answers to a number of health questions and more with the help from the respected Medscape web site. A great place to go for general knowledge and help.
- Women’s Health Questions: If you treat a lot of female patients, this site can be a great resource. Get answers about different issues related to women’s health.
- Practice Questions for Anatomy and Physiology: Brush up on your anat and phys knowledge with help from this site. A quiz that offers the right answers to different questions.
- Q&A: Antiviral Medications: This great information from the Cleveland Clinic can help you learn what you need to know about antivirals. Answers important questions about these types of medications, and when it is appropriate to use them.
- RxList: Answers questions you might have about prescription and over the counter medications. Offers information on drug interactions, different ways to treat diseases and more.
- Nursing Calculators: Do you have questions about dosing? If you want to know about dosing, you can visit this web site for more information. Learn about the calculators, have questions about dosage answered, and more.
- Drug Interactions Checker: Many drugs interact with each other in a way that can dangerous. Before you give medication, you want to make sure there won’t be a problem. You can use the Drugs.com Drug Interactions Checker to help answer your questions. Great answers related to interactions and dosing.
- DrugDigest: Learn about different over the counter and prescription drugs. Offers answers to questions, useful tips and health news. If you have questions, they will likely be answered on this site, with its tools to compare drugs and check interactions.
- Drug Side Effects: Answers to questions about drug side effects can be found at Drugwatch. If you are curious about the drugs that cause certain problems, you can find answers quickly by side effect, and by body area.
You might have treatment questions about specific symptoms, or about what you should do to help your patients be more comfortable. If you have treatment questions, a visit to one of the following Q & A web sites can help.
- Diseases & Conditions: Have your questions about different diseases and conditions answered by the experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC offers information that can answer a variety of questions about symptoms, and about treatment.
- Diseases & Conditions A-Z List: MedicineNet.com offers a great way to find answers to questions about medical conditions and diseases. Includes helpful information for treatment.
- Discovery Health: This site offers insights into different diseases, and allows you to find answers to questions about symptoms, treatments and more. Look for information that can help you help your patients on a variety of subjects.
- Symptom Checker: If you have questions about different symptoms, you can get answers from the Mayo Clinic. This venerable medical facility answers questions about symptoms in a way that can help you develop a treatment. A great resource that includes child symptoms as well as adult symptoms.
- Symptom Wiki: Enter the symptom or disease you have a question about, and answers will pop up. If you want help with symptoms, diseases and treatment, this wiki can be a great help. An interesting way to get the knowledge you need.
- Chronic diseases and health promotion: The World Health Organization has some great information, publications and more related to chronic diseases. If you are interested in learning more about chronic diseases, how to help others understand them, and what you can do to help your patients, this is a great place to begin finding answers.
- Nursing Care Plan: NursingCrib offers a great resource answering questions about nursing care plans. As you treat patients, you will need to know how to make an effective care plan, and this site will answer your questions and help you improve the way you treat patients.